Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Rest... Or Unpacking!

I moved classrooms within my building in only a few hours at the end of the school year. I am in the process of unpacking the unorganized boxes shoved into every nook and cranny in my new space. It is both frustrating and fun all at the same time! Luckily I wasn't the only 'mover' this year, so there is plenty of company for me at school this summer! Here are some photos of the progress I've made this summer!!

Here's what I started with - can you believe that!!


This is how I started organizing my classroom library - luckily the custodian had pushed all my furniture out of the way so I could spread out all over the floor! I stacked by genre, subject, author, and theme.



And this is the start of my fiction library in my classroom. It is organized by author, series, genre, theme, and subject. All my books I have collected over the past 7 years (holy cow, that went fast) from thrift stores, Powell's (my second favorite place on the planet), my school principal, and Donors Choose. I have organized them in boxes I purchased from the Dollar Tree, larger boxes granted through Donors Choose, and the large wooden boxes made by the local high school shop a million years ago. My classroom library is the center of of my classroom -- it gets organized and set up first!!




No comments:

Post a Comment