Thursday, August 23, 2012

Plugging Away at the Chaos!

I finally finished my classroom libraries - with the help of friends, of course - and have been working on centers and bulletin boards.

Here is a photo of my fiction library. Each box is sorted by author, genre, or theme and is labeled with a sign and a numbered dot. Every book in the box is labeled with a coordinating numbered dot. Books are easy to find and easy to return!

So many picture books!! I nearly ran out of room!

Here is a picture of my nonfiction library nook.

The book boxes are heavy-duty washbasins. I love them!

I LOVE my classroom library and find that if I start organizing it first, the rest of my room sorts itself out easier. I did make the book box labels this year -- I started on them last spring and worked on them over the summer. I love that they are uniform and that the clip art is engaging and colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment